Masha needs her macaroons NOW and I don't know if you've ever tried to get between her and her macaroons but it's just unwise so here it is. Yep. I said it.
Stuff you'll need;
- One package shredded coconut (about 3 cups) (I suggest the unsweetened if you can get it otherwise they get too sugary)
- One can sweetened condensed milk
- Two egg whites - beaten stiff
- 1 tsp cream of tartar (to beat the egg whites)
- 1tsp almond extract (or vanilla - that's good too)
Oven to 350
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, combine coconut, condensed milk and extract, forming a thick putty or paste. Fold the egg white mix into the coconut mix gently (don't want to destroy the egg whites.)
Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (or use a silpat - my favorite tool) with enough space in between for a little bit of spread, bake for 8 to 12 min until the edges become golden brown.
If you really want to be schmancy, you can melt down some chocolate and carefully dip the macaroons into them for a little twist!
The gentile girl brings dessert....Enjoy!!